CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Hospital

It's amazing how things can change in just one minute! I was having a great 34 weeks, going to parties and actually making it through them!

Saturday however changed my good streak. It started out fabulous, I rested pretty much all morning and then went to see Canberra and Seth get their next belt advancement. Then we went to the Basham's Christmas party about 4;00 and I found a comfy seat and stayed there pretty much the entire time. When it was time to get up however, I had the stretching pain under my belly, something I had not had for several weeks. This threw me off a bit, I could hardly walk even! Went home and got right in bed. I had bad pain in my back and realized that I hadn't been to the bathroom since about 1:00pm that day! That was about 7 hours! I had plenty to drink all day so this was weird! I tried to go and just a little bit came out. With my back hurting so bad and NOT going away with laying down I called the on call Doctor and was told by the answering service that my doctor said to go into Triage. So to the hospital I go at about 9:30pm.

I got monitored and they put in a catheder (not cool) to see what would come out. Not much at all. Did a bladder scan to see how much was still in my bladder and there was still a lot in there. That was pretty much the end of that. They monitored the babies for a while and the babies were fine and active and they told be to go ahead and go home and to call if I got any pain. Never saw the doctor on call. Grrr. I was so tired! I got home at about 12:30 that night and was just exhausted.

At 4:00am Sunday morning I woke up to burning contractions. BAD ONES! Not the solid hard pain contractions, these were burning my belly top to bottom! They lasted about 4 hours. All the time I had the phone in front of me trying to NOT call because I didn't want to go back. I knew my doctor would be on call startigng at 7:00 that morning so I was really trying to wait until then to call if I needed to. Every 3-4 min I got one and it was miserable. They started to slow down about 7:00am and I went to get back in bed to see if I could sleep. I slept for 2 hours and got woken up with another burning contraction. So I called my Doctor. And of course she told me to come in.

I got to the hospital at about 11:00am. I only got 2 more contractions. One on the way there and one at the beginning of my being monitored again. My back however felt great! I had no back pain! Still wasn't going to the bathroom as I often as I should have been so they put in a long term catheder. Ok, so I'm done with the catheder thing really, that is just torture. Did another bladder scan, blah dee blah dee. My contractions stopped of course, babies were fine of course, no back pain of course. What is it about getting to the hospital and all your symptoms just go away so you look like a liar?!? Still, my doctor hooked me up with an IV to get some major fluids in me to monitor my urine out go and told me to stay over night and get some tests done in the morning. So off I go to my room, which I shared with someone. A LOUD someone. I just started to cry because I was so tired and I wanted to sleep so bad! It was about 4:00pm. So I had a ways to go before visiting hours were over, but she kept the TV on the entire night! They also wouldn't give me my sleeping medicine until 9:00pm! Needless to say I was awake until after 10:30pm WAITING for this sleeping pill to WORK! I was back and forth all night.

6:00am they came in and took out my catheder and my orders were to go to the bathroom 2 times and if there was enough "void" I could go home. 9:00am came and they woke me up to take me to my sono to get a growth on the babies and make sure they were ok. I went to the bathroom first and did a fabulous "void". It felt so good (not to gross you out on details) but it had been a while since it felt that great! Got to the sono and once again it was fast. But babies were just fine. I will post baby info at the end. After the sono (about 11:00am) they took me to get monitored again... uh just had a sono, the babies were fine... there was NO order for another NST... tried telling the nurse that and at about 12:30 it clicked and she said... "oh, I just can't find an order for this, I'll get you back to your room" DUH! I sat there in a wheel chair for almost 2 hours! Then I got back to my room and waited for the on call doctor to come for the next step. Which she didn't until after 5:00pm! I did get to sleep for about 2 hours! I didn't get home until around 8:00pm. All that just to pee 2 times. What ever.

I thought I'd sleep good last night BUT, with my WORKING bladder I was up every 2 hours on the dot going to the bathroom like a normal pregnant woman. Yippee! So yes, I am tired. Very tired. I have 11lbs of baby in my belly and now, even being in bed in uncomfortable. I really don't think I will make it to 38 weeks. I can't even imagine doing this that long. I am rolling from one side to another every hour it seems because my legs fall asleep. I don't sit longer than 30 min due to my back/kidneys and standing is about the same due to my feet swelling. So we shall see what the next 2 weeks brings! I have my next apt AND sono on December 31st.

I think that is enough on the negative... I try not to be negative I'm sorry. I'm really NOT complaining, just saying it as it is and how my weekend was. I really do LOVE feeling the babies inside moving around and knowing they are ok. I love wearing maternity clothes and seeing my BIG belly! I LOVE knowing that my body is making little babies... it's amazing to me, I just stare at my belly and think about that all the time. So to the fun stuff... the BABIES!

I am 35 weeks...

Gavin: measuring in at 35 weeks and 1 day ~ 5lbs 15oz ~ 14% bigger than Camia ~ Chubby cheaks and BIG belly. We saw that he had HAIR also. Not a lot but it was there. He is actually head UP now, the stinker and had his butt right in poor Camia's face. His face was hiding behind hands, arms, legs ect so we couldn't get a good picture but we did see glimpses of him and his chubbiness. He has plenty of fluid still and his stomache was full and heart was perfect.

Camia: measuring in at 34 weeks and 2 days ~ 5lbs 2oz ~ We could have gotten a better picture of her had Gavin's butt not been in the way but this is all the nurse got (she didn't try very hard to get a better picture). Camia's heart was perfect and tummy full also. Saw her hair again and got another very clear confirmation she is a girl. She also has plenty of fluid and is still a good girl with her head down!

Both babies were very active and healthy.

Here is Camia and Gavin's butt (round bump covering half of Camia's face lower Rt. corner)






2 Comments:

Jim said...

Oh, the joys. Hope your next trip to the Dr. you come home with healthy babies in arms!!! We need to see a prego picture:)

-My sis finds out genders of her TWINS tomorrow!!!

Lesley said...

You can make it!! Hospitals can be so fun. Sorry for your drama there, it will all be over soon, hang in there!