CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Camia Star Basham INFORMATION

I thought I'd do some research on the name we picked out. It started with Kamea, which is Hawaiian. The meaning was wonderful! But the pronunciation was Kuh-may-uh. I didn't like that as much. I liked it with a kuh-ME-uh. (or Kaa-MEE-uh) however is easy for your mouth to say. So I did some playing around and came up with the spelling Camia. The pronunciation from my research is just how I wanted it to be.

We also like that we will have a Canberra and Camia for our girls.

I think that looks positively adorable and PERFECT for sisters!

On top of that, it's interesting because
they have similar meanings. In one Turkish definition of Camia they state that Camia is "a society or group of people who have JOINED TOGETHER to pursue a common interest." Canberra is an Aboriginal word meaning "meeting place".


We chose Star as her middle name. I had a great friend in high school named Star. She is beautiful, outgoing, creative and always made friends with everyone! I've loved her name since I met her! I've always tried to get Star as a middle name for our girls, even Canberra Star but it wasn't what Daniel liked at the time so we put it aside. Now we know why. It was waiting to be Camia's middle name, and what perfect timing!

We chose Gavin's name a while back and his middle name is Knightly. I know it's not "night" in the "correct" form to go along with "star" but saying the names sound so cute together and I think it ties them as twins beautifully! So we have:

Gavin Knightly
Camia Star

Don't get me wrong, I am sad about Serene. I LOVE that name and I felt it fit my image of her perfectly. Everything about the name. But I also wanted Daniel to be happy with his daughters name. Serene will ALWAYS hold a special place in my heart for a name. I think it's beautiful!

However, I am VERY happy with Camia Star. It feels right and I CAN picture our daughter with that name. I think it fits into our family and Daniel really really really likes it. In a percent form... Serene was 100%. Camia is 99.99%. That works for me! When I see her, I know that will change to the reverse. So here is what I found on our Camia!


Camia is a rare and endangered Philippine flower.

The flowers are very fragrant with a smell like Jasmine and Hyacinths.

Some information regarding Camia as a name:


Camia (Butterfly Lily) – Gay of heart and light of head


Most people would imagine a person with the name Camia to be: Tall and a flawlessly beautiful lady

In one word, you might describe Camia as a "beautiful" person.


Camia is Latin - Said to have been used in reference to young female ceremonial attendants in Ancient Rome.



4 Comments:

Lesley said...

Yeah success! Love the name it does go great with her older sister and her twin! Good work :)

Karin said...

Congrat's, guys! Camia is a very pretty name. love how it ties in with her sis. The count down is on to their arrival!

Camia said...

I never knew what my name meant and today you have given me meaning. I am glad that you all found the information because not only did it give you happiness in your heart for your baby but you have helped me understand a little about myself.
Thank You!

:-) Mama of SIX! said...

Camia.... You are VERY welcome!!! I would love to see your blog! Camia is a VERY beautiful name. Glad I could help! It was a lot of work trying to find all that information! It has great meaning!