CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 02, 2009

NaMes! nAmeS! NamEs! nameS! NAMES!! BAHHH!

With all our children we've been able to agree immediately on an name once one of us has said it. Once we KNEW that was that. There was no looking for other names. I said Shane Charles one afternoon and bang that was it, Seth came after seeing the name 2 times and on the third I KNEW! Seth Rankin was his name! Canberra took a few days when Daniel said it and Larae came as her middle name a few weeks later since we already liked it. Zander I KNEW no matter what that my next boy was going to be Zander, I had his name picked out when I was pregnant with Canberra, Quin came about 3 days before he was born from a movie I saw that day "Rein of Fire." Now my situation right now is that I LOVE this name Serene Adelaide BUT it is not the same for Daniel. I do not like that we don't feel the same BUT at the same time I feel deep down this is her name. Am I wrong? Is there some reason Daniel doesn't like it that I am completely missing? When I found the name Serene we were actually looking for a middle name for Kelia. It was late at night, we were both in bed talking about names... at least I was talking, Daniel may have been half asleep. I came to the conclution that a good middle name for Kelia should start with S. So I was sounding out the sssss sound and Serene just slipped from my lips. I've never used that word before, I knew what it meant of course but never use it in my vocabulary, thought that was strange it would be the first S word to come out. We liked that for a middle name for Kelia. The more I thought on it the MORE I didn't want to HIDE such a beautiful (I thought) name in a middle name! So I started thinking of middle names for Serene! We came to Adelaide. Which I love because it involves my mission to Australia. Daniel has a hard time with it because of the RENE part in SeRENE. He's ok with Serena but I think that's too long and it's too common for me. I just can't get around Serene. Why is that!??! It was the middle of the night when I found Gavin's name! Daniel liked it right away. We always like Knightly but I didn't want the ly as an ending in our boys first name. I've always like Gavin since my mission and we've always considered it with Gavin McAndrew, never thought to change the middle name... dah! Till that night I thought Gavin Knightly and whah lah! That was it! I got an immediate smile and that was that! I poked Daniel and asked what he thought and immediatly he agreed. Why couldn't that happen with Serene? Does Daniel need more time? I needed a few days when he suggested Canberra but my blast it's been months! Am I wrong to keep pushing it on him? Why do I feel so dang strong about Serene and he doesn't? It's just not fair. Anyway, I thought it would be fun to list out names we've considered for our children over the years.

Boys:
Knightly McGregor
Knightly Coleman
Zander Darius
Graham Carter
Cameron Rankin
Connor
Blake Anthony
Gavin McAndrew
Timothy
Tanner
Rankin
Tucker
Shane
Zander William Darius
Peyton
Nathan
Parker
Zander Maddox
Jaydon
Landon
Jake Allen
Brady

We came up with: Shane Charles, Seth Rankin and Zander Quin

Girls:
Athena
MaKenna Larae
Daesha (ha ha, in just jokes we were going to do Daesha and Knightly)
Anaya
Alaira
Kirralee
Carly
Canberra
Kelia Eden
Kelia Elise
Cieli
Serene Adelaide
Serena Elise
Alaira Serene

We came up with Canberra Larae and ............. .............???

I'm sure there are more but these are what came to mide right off. I just had to get this off my chest! Any comments or suggestions PLEASE tell me!

2 Comments:

Jim said...

Oh, names, names... We've learned to give and take here... It is a hard thing to just "settle" on, but if he's willing to go with Serena, maybe that's a good compramise? Of course maybe they are different enough NAMES that it's just not good enough. (To me, Anna and Annie are very different names). There is a website that will give name suggestions and votes on names. I'll look it up and forward it to you. GOOD LUCK!

Lesley said...

Oh names are so hard, sadly I think a no vote is always worth more than a yes vote. If one of you absolutly doesn't dig the name then that sort of ends it, right? It's like having kids the parent who wants them has to wait till the other parent is on board with having another, or they end up resenting the pregnancy. Or there is always Benjamin and I who never plan anything :) Good luck, there has to be a name that you both will LOVE, not just like or tolerate.