CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Canberra's 4th Birthday Party

Canberra had been so excited for WEEKS about her party. She loved coloring her invitations and handing them out herself to her friends. Thank you Lis Bell for the adorable picture... once again!

The morning started off bad for me. I had a lot of pain in my lower abdomen when ever I walked so I got a slow start to getting things ready for Canberra's Birthday. But it all worked out perfectly in the end. Thank goodness. I made her cupcakes, Daniel and I stuffed over 50 balloons with candy and prizes, I made frosting and frosted her cupcakes, did some minor decorating when Daniel came home with the balloons and got myself ready. All VERY slowly!

We waited for all the guests to arrive and started to open presents first. Every gift was so thoughtful and Canberra loves every one! She used her new cleaning set to sweep up crumbs in the kitchen and used her vacuum. She came into the room where I was lying down and said... "I'm 4 now, I can help you clean." She played with just about everything she got that evening while the boys were at Karate Belt Testing. She put on all her dress ups, colored some pages, played with her magnet wooden dolls, HAD to put on some "lips", She put her PINK car in a safe "secret" place so the boys won't get it, the works. Today we will play the butterfly catch game when Zander wakes up from his nap.

We then played a game where the kids popped the balloons we filled to get their prizes. I only have one picture because I video taped it all. We had Canberra do the first one and as soon as her balloon popped the rest of the kids could pop. Canberra picked a balloon that just would not pop. It was funny and the kids loved it. So she went to another balloon and it popped right away and the LOUD fun began! Popping, screaming, running kids everywhere! A couple of kids got a bit nervous from the loud noise but in the end everyone shared a candy and prize with the girls that didn't get any. So everyone was happy.

After the game we sang Happy Birthday and had cupcakes and "mommies yummy dessert" which is really my Grandmothers recipe changed just a bit. It's my kids favorite! The cupcakes I made just so happened to turn out the exact number to spell out Happy 4th Birthday Canberra on them. I was so proud of myself. They were pretty darn good too!

All in all, it was a fun Birthday and Canberra had a blast. That night I asked her if she had fun and she said "I had a lot of fun, all my friends where here. I have a lot of friends." Such a sweet girl would have a lot of friends. We love you Canberra! To those who came: Aunt Tanna, Jordon and Macey, Aunt Mariah and Savanna, Grandma Basham, Grandma and Papa with the fishies, Grandma and Papa Great, Emily, Prudence, Piper and Martin, Sydney, Natalyn and your brothers Shane, Seth and Zander THANK YOU!! And to Wei, Mason and Vanessa... thank you for the Birthday wishes and sorry you couldn't make it! Sorry for the spelling errors, I am typing fast so I can get back into bed!

0 Comments: